3# The search of the forest was complete. 2) They conducted a complete search of the forest.
修改后：At the second traffic light turn left。
1) While they were playing tennis, she started an argument that lasted all morning.
注：把句中的"three parts"改用形容词来表达，节省了四个不必要的单词"which is written in"。我们经常可以将关系代词如"that"去掉，这只会引起最少的变动。
## make sb feel painful 可直接用动词。it e及物动词 sb. it makes me sad= it saddens me, it makes me cheerful= it cheers me.
修改后：During tennis she started an argument that lasted all morning。
1# The three-part novel told a story set in the Middle Ages.
1# Written in three parts, the novel told a story set in the Middle Ages.
3# I want to thank people associated with the Shanghai InternationalstudiesUniversity, past and present: Margaret Wang, Vivian Yang, Professor Li Guan-Yi and Miss Marion Baillie.
1# Two partners will present their views over a long-distance call.
修改后：The three-part novel told a story set in the Middle Ages。
5) In a cautious manner the car went around the corner.
原句：While they were playing tennis, she started an argument that lasted all morning。
原句：The novel, which is written in three parts, told a story that took place in the Middle Ages。
3) The search of the forest that they conducted was entirely complete.
原句：When you come to the second traffic light, turn right。
3) He gets so angry that he would like to take someone else's life and murder them.
策略之二：删除诸如"who is”或"that is"之类的关系代词，变从句为短语。例：
1# It pains me to think that she has to work 12 hours a day and seven days a week.
Two joint partners will present their views over a long-distance telephone call。
1) The novel, which is written in three parts, told a story that is set in the Middle Ages.
1、用介词（短语）替代从句。 when 引导的从句可以用during来替代，在方位及指路中可以用at 替代。
6、学会使用含否定意义的词， 如 lack rarely barely without.
5# Sun Hong is determined to lose weight.
5# The car went around the corner cautiously.
8# Dr Sun Yat-sen want to Japan by boat.
8) Dr.Sun Yat-sen wants to Japan by means of a big boat.
1) A neighbour who would like to help others will get certain help in return.
1) It makes me feel painful to think that she has to work 12 hours a day and seven days a week.
3) Susan almost finished talking on the phone, but did not, when her baby woke up.
1# During tennis, she started an argument that lasted all morning.
1) Two joint partners will present their views over a long-distance telephone call.
4# the task was complete.或 they finished the task. 看看强调的是哪一方即可。
## Our aim 可以直接做主语，It is our position= our position is; it is my proposal that=my proposal is that/ I propose that.
2) The side effects were not often experienced by patients.
5) Sun Hong is determined in her mind to lose weight.